First of all I want to apologize for being MIA for the past week. I was spending time with family, playing with my new Kindle, and generally being lazy. But I’m back for the last post of the year, just a few hours before it ends to look back on the year that was and to look forward to the year that will be.
Looking Back on 2011
2011 was the year of sorting out my life. I finally got my school stuff back in order after fudging it up last year; I decided that I wanted to major in graphic design, and then pursue a masters degree in librarian sciences; and I decided which college I wanted to transfer to after I complete general education classes at my community college. It was such a relief to finally decide what I wanted to do with my life after having absolutely no idea. I have a plan now and I’m eager to get my schooling done so I can become a librarian.
2011 was also the year my adorable niece was born. I also spent more time with my dad and he even took my little sister and me to Disneyland! I hadn’t been in more than six years, but it was just as magical and amazing as I remembered it to be. I turned 21 in July and got much better at driving; I spent most of the year acting as a chauffeur for my little sister. I finally caved and got a Kindle for Christmas after years of saying I never would because I loved physical books too much. I’m happily eating my words now; my Kindle is freaking awesome!
And, of course, I started this blog in November. My first post, which was a review of Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, went live on the 19th. I have since posted since 23 posts, including 9 book reviews, and have received 65 comments.
So there you have it! It might not have been the most exciting year, but it was loads better than 2010. Here’s hoping 2012 will be even better!
Books Read in 2011
- 20 books read
- 7292 pages read
These are my favorite books that I read in the year 2011, not necessarily books that came out in 2011. I have linked each title to my review, if I have written one.
Reading/Blogging Goals for 2012
- READ MORE BOOKS! I read a pitifully small amount of books this year, so it won’t be hard at all to top. I’m planning to read at least 100 books in 2012. I think I should be able to do it easily, as long as I read consistently.
- Post more. And not just reviews and memes. I’m planning on starting my own weekly features next year and having more discussion posts. Hopefully once Lovely Literature has taken off more, I’ll be able to participate in blog tours, author interviews, and giveaways!
- Write better reviews. I need to start taking notes while I’m reading a book. The system I have in place for reviewing now is to write down my thoughts, stream-of-conscious-style, right after I finish a book. And this has been working fairly well, but I still find that I forget some of the thoughts I had in the beginning by the time I write everything down.
- Socialize more. Use twitter, comment on other people’s blogs, etc. This is the hardest thing for me. I’m naturally rather withdrawn/shy but I’m going to try to break out of my shell next year and maybe make some new friends.
- I’m thinking I might want to buy a domain name and self host. Right now I’m pretty limited with what I can do on a free wordpress blog. I want more control!
This year has gone by so fast! I almost can’t believe it’s 2012 already, but I’m looking forward to starting out fresh. I hope everyone has had a safe and fun holiday season. I look forward to talking with you all in the new year!